Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Well, Oliver Rumblestein, PhD in Prrrrr seems to be settling in just fine and has, in fact, made a conquest.

little spoons

Oh Mittens. You're so easy.

I took this for Lucia when I was up Eureka because I always enjoy her flower pictures so much and wanted to share one back.

Trinidad rose

Have opted for no fringe on the Lady E, as I think my friend would probably appreciate something a little less fussy (and less apt to dangle ends into a teacup) so it is washed, gently blocked, dry, all the ends are woven in and I'm calling it completely perfect.

Lady E

It's so dramatic and amazing looking and what really blew me away was how much the Silk Garden relaxed and softened after a soak in some woolwash and a gentle blocking (by which I mean, I stretched it gently into place on towels spread on the rug, but did not use blocking wires or pins or get aggressive at all.) The piece really grew!

It totally got the woolwash treatment because of the kitten spit issue. Mere steaming would not do. While I was knitting it over the last year, Mittens would curl up on the seat next to me and knead/nurse on the end. So I really hope that my friend doesn't mind her knitwear being a surrogate kitten mother in a previous incarnation!

4 comments:

Mouse said...

Awwwwww!! Too cute! I love the Lady E.. its beautiful! I started one but got completely distracted. I'm still not sure that I'd wear one if it was made in Kureyon rather than Silk Garden. My Kureyon danica scarf is a bit rough even after washing & blocking.

geogrrl said...

Love that photo! Cats/kittens really have a way of insinuating themselves into our lives.

Lady E is lovely. And don't worry about the Baby Surprise jacket. E Zimmerman's design construction can be scary/clever/weird but I haven't had one yet that didn't work.

Z said...

OMG! You are so talented and amazing. This is just absolutely gorgeous!

Alwen said...

Lady E is beautiful!