Thursday, August 07, 2008

EZ FAIL

There are times when you look at something you've been knitting and it is so lopsided, so wrong, so completely NOT the way it obviously was intended to look, that you can only mutter something dire under your breath and rip it off the needles.

RIP, Baby Surprise Jacket. We'll try it again when I am not quite so full of EPIC FAIL.

Hello Baby Garter Stitch Cardi from Erika Knight's Cherished Babies book... you are my old friend! Please assuage my ego and heal the wound inflicted by Baby Surprise!

1 comment:

geogrrl said...

Sorry to hear that. So many have knitted that pattern (I haven't), I was sure it would work for you. It's probably best to do what you're doing. Rip back, work on something else, and try again later. Perhaps it will come clear then.

I've tried several EZ patterns, and one that didn't quite work for me were the baby leggings in the Knitter's Almanac. They were fine until I got to the feet. The instructions for knitting the feet and grafting them together seamlessly made no bloody sense whatsoever. I read, re-read, re-tried, and finally gave up and used a pattern for top-down bootees to finish the feet on the leggings.

Life going okay otherwise?