Tuesday, May 06, 2008

BMFA - S2S Pink Granite

I decided to rip into one of my BMFA Sheep2Shoe kits. The colorway is Pink Granite and I'm loving how it spins up. Like butter!

Today has been spent working up my resume, which is going badly. I hate writing resumes. I hate selling myself. I don't feel particularly marketable.

Yesterday, I plied, washed, thwacked and set some twist.

enchantedknoll
These are the silk/alpaca blend singles I was spinning up earlier in the week. They've been Navajo plied (on a spindle) and I've got what looks like maybe a sport or DK weight yarn as a result. Very happy with it. Bloomed up beautifully and has a slight halo. Can't wait to make something yummy out of it.

So guess which thing I preferred doing? I'm here to tell you, it wasn't all those hours spent cursing at MS Word and my crap employment history!

I'm going to go read Jobhopper by Ayun Halliday again. It seems fitting.

5 comments:

geogrrl said...

I hear ya. I've started job hunting too, and I hate updating/tweaking my resume with the passion of a thousand hot suns.

Not to mention interviewing.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Gah.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Hmmm... not starving... employed... hopefully with insurance.... also not homeless.

That sounds like a great 5 year plan. Pls to hire me kthxbai!

geogrrl said...

I was thinking "On a beach in the Cayman Islands, after having embezzled all of the company's money." Followed by a maniacal laugh.

But I like yours better. More realistic, and it won't scare the interviewer as much. Okay if I use it?

geogrrl said...

I was thinking "On a beach in the Cayman Islands, after having embezzled all of the company's money." Followed by a maniacal laugh.

But I like yours better. More realistic, and it won't scare the interviewer as much. Okay if I use it?

geogrrl said...

Whoops. Sorry about the double post. Blogger is slow and I'm reeeaaalllly impatient.