Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two posts in one day? She must be sick.

Well I am. Martian Death Bug II, Zombie Boogaloo, to be exact. And man is it no fun. I actually don't feel so bad as long as I'm flat on my ass. The minute I get up and do anything, fuggedaboutit.

I did manage to knock out the second Broadripple, so now I have a pair. And the toe on #2 is beautifully Kitchenered, thanks to this link here which someone hunted up for me in comments a few posts ago. Thank you! I'd forgotten this site existed. Some of us learn better by watching and then doing. I'm definitely one of those folks. It's hard to make heads or tails of a picture in a book.

Broadripple top

I love STR but I don't love the way it pools - sometimes I can't find a stitch count/needle size/pattern that ensures a nice even striping action. These striped beautifully on the first go but were too tight. Making them larger completely buggered up the striping. That's ok, I still love them, I just think the ripple pattern would have been awesome if the striping had worked out better.

Broadripple side

I think the pooling is probably in large part why I adore Tina's very wild colorways in the skein, but tend to almost always prefer the semi solids and watercolor waves when knit up.

I have a skein of Fleece Artist in "Blue Lagoon" that I am currently carrying around with me, trying to find the right pattern. Those will be May's socks. Blue, for May Showers.

FA-blue lagoon

4 comments:

Jerry said...

April showers bring may flowers ? Blame it on the double post illness. Those are beautiful socks. LOVE the colorway

geogrrl said...

You're welcome. That is a great site--it's helped all of the people to whom I've directed it.

(Wow... grammatically correct and everything. I'm going to lie down now.)

wondermachine said...

I really need to get back to sock knitting. Sigh.

Hope you get to feeling well. A very good friend of mine came down with a bad case of the same just today and I ended up having to drive her house guest to the airport (about 2 hours out of my day [Yikes!])

Phoe said...

I'm also a visual learner, it took me a week of trying to figure out how to knit from a book before I realized that. Hope you feel better soon.