Sunday, March 30, 2008

I have nothing better to do...

The Martian Death Crap II: Zombie Boogaloo has me on the couch still, looking a little blue around the edges. And since I called in sick to work, again, I am just gonna have to amuse myself in a non-athletic sort of way.

Unravel

Thanks to my commenter in the last post who pointed out that it IS possible to pull out, reknit and regraft a toe.

pick up

A good excuse to watch more Battlestar Galactica.

getting ready

Besides, it's like, totally therapeutic.

purl knit

or something.

halfway there

Didn't take long.

toe!

And it means I can keep my new Fleece Artist socks for myself. Which I really wanted to do. Now to cast on #2. I am halfway to socky nirvana.

4 comments:

Roxie said...

Kick-ass gorgeous! Your socks rock!

LizKnits said...

Those socks look great. Good for you taking the time to re-do so you can keep them for yourself!

Jessi M said...

Not only that, but I recently discovered that it's not too hard to put in a lifeline after the fact, especially in stockinette. So if you ever get nervous about ripping back you can just thread some string through one side of each stitch. Presto!

BellaKarma said...

Goooooorgeous!!! I hope one day to knit a toe as beautiful as you do!