Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Day Of Spoiling

When I got back from the funeral, I decreed that the girls and I were going to have A Day Of Spoiling. And so we did.

It started with taking the oldest to Velvet Grip for her 17th birthday present. More ironmongery.

17th birthday present

That is, she says, all the ironmongery she wants on her face. Thank god, sez I.

Then the next day, we all shlepped out the door to the Santa Monica Promenade and The Day Of Spoiling Commenced. This started with a lavish breakfast at Cafe Buna, with berry french toast, mexican mochas and bacon, but we inhaled our breakfast before I remembered I had the camera in my purse.

Day of spoiling Day of Spoiling
They both look really sad to be there, I know.

Pretty! Post-Sephora Post-Sephora Post Sephora Yet more post Sephora primping

No trip to Sephora is complete without a little streetside primping, after.

Day of Spoiling And naturally there is some spoiling for Mama on a Day Of Spoiling. Bath bombs, Karma soap, Cupcake and some Angels On Bare Skin, please!

Day of Spoiling There was also some Urban Outfitters and a trip to Borders to spend gift cards, but nothing particularly photo worthy happened in either location.

It was not a day of spoiling for one organ grinder and his monkey. It was a day of making lots of money.

No spoiling here

I wish I'd gotten pictures of the ice cream, strawberry, banana and dark chocolate crepes we had to tie off the Day Of Spoiling, but we kind of inhaled those before I remembered we had a camera. That seems to be a theme with us.

It was a lot of fun. We're all pretty game to make this a tradition!

3 comments:

Mouse said...

Wow.. a day of body piercing, Sephora makeup shopping, ice cream & a trip to Lush? Dude.. I wanna come hang out with you!!
I got a gift of Lush Karma soap at Christmas from a friend and now I'm absolutely head over heels addicted to that smell. I use it to wash my hair so that the smell lingers longer. Yum.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Come hang out with us! California is not all that far from Georgia! It's what, 3 days of driving?

Um. As the... er... crow flies? :-P

Christie said...

Day of Spoiling! How fun!