Wednesday, February 20, 2008

17

17 years ago today, I was waking up (about now, in fact) and realizing that "Oh holy shit, the baby is coming." Seeing as how I was several days overdue, that made me happy. Because, you know, I was kind of done feeling like I'd be pregnant forever. I wanted to see my feet again. I'd missed them.

16 hours later (and no drugs) my life changed forever in the best possible way.

Happy 17th birthday, baby girl.

BW

You're just as beautiful today as you were the day you were born. But more verbal. And you have more hair.

I love you more than words can say.

4 comments:

Ragnar said...

Wait! What? Babies turn into teenagers? I frankly don't see how it's possible that this wiggly little, hip rider is going to turn into one of those walking-around and speakin-their-mindsers...wow.

Congratulations beautiful girl, and beautiful mama.

Mouse said...

Happy Birthday! I love the yarn dreads & piercings.. gorgeous!

Lucia said...

I have a hunch she wasn't born with the piercings, either. Happy birthday! The fun is just beginning. (Trust me.)

Alwen said...

And time instantly speeded up the moment that little wiggler was in my arms, too. Mine's about 8-1/2. Time flies.