Thursday, January 31, 2008

Well it's been the All I See Dead People Channel, All The Time around here, and I'm ready to move on back to some yarny goodness and let all the sad stuff sink back to the murky depths of Not On My Blog.

I have FIBER!

RSC spoiler tag

There are some other clubs I belong to as well, and this is what was waiting for me when I got home from all the sad stuff.

Spinning Bunny Club
Spinning Bunny yarn
Spunky roving
Spunky Eclectic roving
Funky Carolina
Funky Carolina roving.

There was also some Sumptuous Sock Yarn in there, but I can't get the colors to come out right, so I'll wait till I can do them justice. I am a huge fan of the sock and fiber club. It is like free fiber. Except not free because you paid for it, but long enough ago that you've forgotten the pain.

I tell ya, having all that yarn on the dining room table was enough to get ME to forget the pain. Not to mention the kids baked a gorgeous cake for my return, took me out to C&O for pasta and I was plied with Chianti until I was nice and relaxed. I love my little family. I missed them!

I got a great whack of knitting finished when I was away dealing with all the funerary fun. No idle hands, here.

Lieselspiral rib sock

Liesel, which is being worked in "Ivory" Handmaiden Casbah Sock, and a pair of spiral ribbed socks being worked in "Spinel" BMFA lightweight, and a little stripe of "Tanzanite" at the top. No internet access and a lot of emotional turmoil are goooood for the finishing of the objects.

Last but not least, my BMFA Rockin Sock Club yarn arrived and I have put it at the bottom of this post here, so as not to spoil it for anyone. It's GORGEOUS. I love it. I can't wait to knit with it.

BMFA-RSC

My trip to parts north culminated yesterday in meeting friends at Zachary's for pizza in Berkeley and then a pre-airport dash to Dark Carnival to load up on books. I almost had to jettison my clothes, as a result. That is a dangerous bookstore. The flight back to LA was pretty uneventful, except for the part where I was convinced we were all going to die because of turbulence on our descent. I think that might have been the worst flight ever, or the worst 20 minutes of an otherwise okay flight.



Seriously.

It's so good to be home.

3 comments:

teabird said...

Liesel is lovely in the ivory color -
welcome home!

if time exists said...

Mmm, Zachary's...love it, except for the crowds. I'm loving the Spunky roving, it may just jump ahead of the severe fiber backup I have going on (and that's the only club I belong to!). I really like the colors on the Funky Carolina roving too.

Ina said...

Thanks for posting the Serenity clip. It made me track down and watch the movie, which was pretty good.