Sunday, November 04, 2007

So Cal Ravelers are at it again!

That's right, we're meeting up for another spin in, this time at the Original Farmer's Market. We'll gather up in the community room above Kip's Toyland (same location as the WeHo SnB) at 10am on Saturday morning (that's next Saturday, Nov. 10) and we'll hang out for a few hours with as many folks as feel like hanging out with us.

Want to learn to spin? Don't know how? Don't have stuff? Don't worry! Some of us are planning to bring extra drop spindles and rovings so that whoever wants can take a whack at it! Don't care about spinning? Just want to knit on your scarf all day? Hey that's cool too, come knit or crochet or whatever with us!

There will be a raffle! And a door prize! When we met at Synergy a few months ago, I gave away 4oz of Lisa Souza roving... who KNOWS what might be lurking in the prize package this time? I guess you'll just have to show up to find out!!

Remember: Saturday, Nov. 10 at 10am, upstairs in the community room at the Original Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax. Hope to see you there!!

I've resurrected Clapotis and have gotten quite a bit done on it - still no where near finished, but I've got my groove back for a bit. Lady E is taking a breather. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this whole rotating projects but not letting them languish forever, thing. No, I'm no fast finisher, but whatever. I just have fun.

Also spinning up 4oz of BFL from Sakina Needles in the "dusty cornflower" colorway. It's SO beautiful. Again, I am aiming for something in a heathered striping sock yarn. We'll see what I come up with. Next batch I think I am going to go for a more tweedy effect.

Spinning is play and play is good!

2 comments:

LizKnits said...

Hey I'm excited about the possibility of joining you guys next weekend. I'll be bringing my barely used Joy and hoping to soak up all the spinning skills you all have.

loopykd said...

I'm in!