Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hey, those Raven Clan colorways I mentioned last night? They come in Sheep 2 Shoe kits. And laceweight. Just sayin, you know, in case you felt like you had an abundance of sock yarn.

I have the best SP11 partner EVER. She went to Rhinebeck and she bought me a Sheep 2 Shoe kit! And the pattern for Loksins which I have on my Ravelry queue! And funny postits! I am full of the squee!

SP11 reveal

That colorway is, I think, Purple Rain. I could be wrong, that's my only complaint about the S2S kits, they don't put the actual colorway ON the kit! But I'm 99% sure it's Purple Rain, which makes sense as that'd be my name and all. Whatever colorway it is, I love it! Hours of spinning, hours of knitting, hours of fun! My SP made sure that everything she sent me was a complete project's worth, which is pretty cool since my stash is getting more and more complete project oriented these days.

Thank you Secret Pal!

FC-UNEARTHED
Funky Carolina's roving of the month club offering for October. "Unearthed" isn't it gorgeous? I can't wait to spin this up!

a pasha's retreat
My kittens are NOT spoiled. I just want to make that very clear. Not. Spoiled. Though you should see them chasing the new laser pointer toy we just bought them when we acquired the bed and their $2 a can organic food. Stop laughing at me. Just stop!

Awakened today by the sound of my eldest screaming "Hey MOM! Why is the bathroom FLOODED???" and it's gone downhill from there. Add in our old cat Puff projectile horking all over the house in the wee hours and my youngest getting horribly sick in the night, and you've got my morning. And now I get to go get ready for jury duty!

Today, instead of architectural ramblings, I plan to do a side by side comparison of all the taquitos on Olvera Street. I plan to start at Cielito Lindo on one end and hit all the stands on the way up. I have done research. I have looked into this issue. I'm sure I will have important taquito information to report when I get home.

3 comments:

Lucia said...

Oh, geez, hope your day gets better. Even though you just had to tell me about that laceweight.

geogrrl said...

Ah, yes. I've had similar mornings. Sans kids, but it always seems like someone gets sick or starts vomiting or something breaks between 3 and 6 am or just when you're going out the door. I don't know why that is.

My cats aren't spoiled at all, either. That's why they get Wellness and only Wellness in the non-fish flavours only. It's good for them, right?

That and we're always opening and closing windows and rearranging furniture and blankets so they'll be more comfortable. Not to mention when one crawls in your lap and settles down, you don't move even though you've got things to do. Or when one lies beside you in bed and you don't move (even though you REALLY want to) because you don't want to disturb the cat.

But they're NOT spoiled.

Knitty Delicious said...

Hey pal...the colorway is Atomic 6...sorry to burst the Purple Rain bubble...it's AWESOME isn't it???KNITTYD