Saturday, October 20, 2007

We were standing in line at Disneyland today. I don't remember for which ride, we went on a lot. At one point though, I remember, I sighed happily, looked at the sock I was knitting and said, "Gosh I get some of my BEST knitting time in at Disneyland." because I DO and it makes me happy.

Someone says "let's go to Disney." and I think, "Yay! Yarn!" because I know I will get hours of knitting done. What else are you going to do standing on line all day? Knit a big whack of sock, that's what.

I swear everyone in my group rolled their eyes at me.

"Is it all just knitting with you, mom?" Em asked.

Yes. In point of fact. Yes it is.

I knit over half the foot. Another inch and we will have to embark on some heel. That's some decent knitting time. The other nice thing about having dpns at DIsneyland is, if the person standing on line in front of you is slow to move when the line does, well... *poke* you have a handy prod to get them going.

8 comments:

Phoe said...

Now I'm wishing I had learned to knit much much earlier so that all those hours spent in line at Disneyland would have been productive hours.

Sheer genius!

sopranospinner said...

I'm with you! Every activity involves figuring how much knitting time I can find in it. Let the DH drive, there's some. Waiting in line, absolutely. Sure enough, though, if I think there won't be any chance and don't bring anything, I'll find myself with 45 minutes of standing around. Gotta have that emergency knitting!

teabird said...

I wanna be you when I grow up! I have to have absolute quiet and non-interference to knit socks. Of course, I've only knit 2 1/2 pairs so far. My emergency knitting would be a scarf or a dishcloth, and then only if the pattern was so ingrained in my fingers that nothing would distract them. A ballband, for example, or one of the Harlot's one-pattern-line wonders...

loopykd said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe I didn't think of that! I was just at Disneyland on Wednesday and I didn't bring anything! On the other hand, we didn't wait in line too much since it was a little misty lines were very very short. But I will sure remember for next time.

if time exists said...

I got a jury duty summons the other day and I immediately thought, "Yay! Knitting!"

Though knitting at Dland is MUCH more fun than a courthouse...

KnitNana said...

Knitting socks is my favorite "go with" activity! And yes, it is.
ALL.ABOUT.KNITTING!
(((hugs)))

Christie said...

That's why I say.

BellaKarma said...

Oh.My.God. I was knitting a sock at Disneyland on that exact same Saturday!