Wednesday, September 26, 2007

SP11

My secret pal 11 box came today and I am really tickled - my pal sent me enough sock yarn for a project, a nifty pattern that suits the yarn, some Scharffenberger dark chocolate, handmade lavender soap (I LOVE LAVENDER!) and nifty stitch markers that I think are really spiffy.

Thank you SO much SP11. A whole project in a box. :-) I feel super spoiled rotten! You rock!

tempted - bordello handspun

This is the yarn I'm spinning up with Tempted's "bordello" roving. I haven't washed this or set the twist yet, as I still have about 1oz of roving left to spin from the first bag, but once I get it finished, I think it will be stunning. I'm getting a yarn that will stripe but also have subtle, marled color changes as it does so. I can't wait to see how it knits up! This is simply amazing roving. She's got this colorway dyed up in sock yarn over on her Etsy site. I also am doing her sock club through Loops in Tulsa OK. The first month's offering, Koi In A Blender, is simply awesome. T-Koi In A Blender

Lady E continues to grow, tier by tier. Not sure if I'm going to have it finished by my deadline, but I'm going to try. I also just started a quickie pair of Xmas socks for the oldest in some fantastic stripey purple, black, orange yarn, self patterning and fun. Always happy to have a purse sock going.

1 comment:

Tempted Handpainted Yarns said...

Wow it looks so so so awesome!! I love to see the stuff all spun up, it always looks better when someone else does it.
Luv ya Stacy