Monday, September 17, 2007

lady E

Lady E, worked in Silk Garden. 4 tiers in, just connected the 2nd ball of Noro. Wondering if I should go down a needle size and redo, but I kind of like the fabric I'm getting. It IS for someone living in Southern CA after all, and we don't really need a thick woven wooly fabric to keep warm here.

I had to call the LYS where I bought the book, because I was on my way to my ex inlaws house yesterday and forgot the pattern. I knew there would be streeeeess if I didn't have my knitting, and I'd forgotten the book... someone there fortunately answered the phone and was kind enough to remind me how to start the side triangles. I remembered the rest of it without the pattern (it IS really easy!), and the afternoon was saved.

This is why a great LYS is such a marvelous thing to have. Not only do they give you yarn, but they help preserve familial harmony.

10 comments:

DataGoddess said...

That's gorgeous - I'm going to have to check out that pattern. It looks hard, but since you say it's easy I'll trust you ;-)

Lucia said...

Oooh, she's so pretty!

Lynda the Guppy said...

Oh, that's pretty.

I had the same problem with the triangles, so what I did was print the side triangle patterns on each side of an index card, and I carried that with my bag.

BTW, I did mine in Silk Garden and I used a 10 1/2 and it came out wonderful, soft, and drapey.

What color are you using? I really love that blue...and that green.

sopranospinner said...

Did you see Kate's picture on the Harlot's blog? I'm SOO jealous!

Laura said...

That could be your LYS' new slogan, "Cheaper than family therapy!"

Cambria said...

looks beautiful! i'm not "in the know" about the pattern, but i'll catch up. can't wait to see it finished.

BellaKarma said...

Gosh, that really is gorgeous!

Christie said...

What pretty colors! I made mine from the Silk Garden Lite and I totally love it! And no, we don't need something too heavy in So Cal, but it's a nice to pair with a sweater or a lightweight jacket. I wore mine all season long last year.

Lauren said...

Happy Talk LIKE A PIRATE DAY!!!!http://indianhillmediaworks.
typepad.com/pirates/

Roxie said...

Your entrelac looks so luscious! Good work!