Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ravelry: The SO Not Helping

Why did no one tell me about The Loopy Ewe? Cider Moon? Yarntini? Sweet Georgia Yarn? Fearless Fibers? Tofutsies?? I mean, I know, I know, I've heard all about them on Lime and Violet, but why did no one TELL ME?

Probably because I would get all rabid with the rent money and yarn, probably, I am thinking, is why nobody told me.

Have learned that me going in to a yarn store to buy a gift for "someone else" is kind of like walking up to a crack dealer and buying crack for "someone else" when you're a crack addict. Which, I am not a crack addict, but I think there has to be a parallelism of structure going on here or else how do I explain the Tofutsies and the Malabrigo?

I have come to admit that I am powerless over sock yarn. I am thinking that I might need to work some steps of recovery around sock yarn, except not so much with that, thank you, because I think I can quit any time and honestly, I don't really have a problem. At all.

Lime And Violet: The So REALLY Not Helping Yeah. Thanks, guys.

Also, spinning. I am actually producing something resembling yarn on the loaner wheel now that I've talked the kittens out of stealing my roving every five seconds:

beaverslide

It isn't the *best* yarn, it's thick and thin and not on purpose yarn. It's overspun and a mess yarn. But it's yarn and I made it!

And to sum up... kitten.

relaxed

2 comments:

Phoe said...

Ravelry is indeed evil. I avoid the yarn pages like the plague.

Also, kitten! So cute!

DataGoddess said...

I've bought some stuff at the Loopy Ewe. Before I did I emailed a question to Sheri and had an answer in 15 minutes. And she updated the description of the item within 20.

Soft shinies plus fabulous customer service just kills me. The only reason I haven't bought anything from the Ewe or L&V lately is lack of job. Once I get one, stand back, I have last time to make up ;-)