Friday, August 10, 2007

I've been having a lot of trouble with the kittens "helping" me while I spin. They particularly like to jump onto the soft bags of rovings and make biscuits and roll around and play. I was beginning to despair - there isn't a lot of space in my house where kittens can't go, but I have discovered the perfect place to store roving while I am spinning it. I can simply reach over, take a length of fiber and keep spinning. It is right next to the wheel and "spinning corner", I can watch TV and it is really perfect.

Bike is useful.

I am so glad that in addition to saving gas and money, my bicycle also allows me to save fiber. That is what I call multi tasking.

I am about halfway through August's Spunky Eclectic roving of the month offering. I decided to use this batch as "practice" roving on the wheel, since I am not too nuts about the colorway. It's Shetland and spins up easily - I'm still having trouble drafting evenly with the wheel and this is not a fussy, complex fiber so makes it easier.

spunky august singles

The color has softened a lot as I've spun it up, but I still don't know what I'm going to do with it. I am thinking perhaps a felted bowl or a bag. There's a LOT of color going on there in 4 little ounces of fiber!

I'm off to Little India today! Curry for lunch, helping a friend pick out her Inara togs for DragonCon, perhaps picking up a floaty blouse or three for myself. A little nervous about driving all the way down to Long Beach (this is way out of my comfort zone) but I think it will be fun once I get there.

I was going to do an Etsy Friday post, but find myself short on time. Maybe tomorrow will be Etsy Saturday instead!

1 comment:

KnitNana said...

AH Curry!?! I wish I had a friend here to join me for a little Indian food...(sigh)
LOVE the multi-tasking bicycle!
(((Hugs)))