Monday, August 20, 2007

Bat's Day In The Fun Park

group shot

It was time again for our annual trek to Disneyland, for Bat's Day In The Fun Park. There in the pic you have Miss E, the ex Mr. YP, The Handsome Cabin Boy, then there's me, Miss S, our friend the nanosquid and miss L. We were a jolly crew!

I came equipped for long lines and time spent waiting for other people to come off crazy rides. This was just before lunch and I think Miss E was a little hungry. Miss S, being a vegetarian, wasn't trying to gnaw off my other arm, thank goodness.

disney knitter

I actually got quite a bit done on the Charade sock. Well, a bit for me anyway. I am a slow knitter to be sure. I officially *love* the short row sock heel technique that I tried here. No holes. Nice and tight. Tutorial, here. It's nice to refine one's technique a little.

ears

We are doing a bit of a Ravelry/SnB/random fiber nuts meet up and spin in in Culver City, this Saturday the 25th.

Synergy Cafe
4437 Sepulveda Blvd.
Culver City CA
12-4pm

If you're local, come join us!

Other than that, I'm feeling a bit like I'm being nibbled to death by ducks these days, but that's all minor. Everything important is really binjali so I shan't complain.

3 comments:

Inky said...

in 1983 they wouldn't let me in Disneyland with hair like your daughter's. Oh, how far things have come. Makes me want to head south for a trip to the Magic Condom/Tragic Kingdom/Dismalland.

I grew up behind the orange curtain, can you tell?

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Inky, I remember when Disneyland was a lot stricter too! This is the 9th year of Bat's Day and I'm glad they relaxed those policies. It was a lot of fun seeing all the goffy goodness at the park. :-)

Jess said...

long time, no see (er, post)! Happy birthday to Miss E., and great job on the charade sock. I'm distinctly off pink at the moment, but I'm drooling over the colorway. Makes me want to bust out my own sock knitting again...