Monday, July 16, 2007

Oh My God, Becky... look at that roving.

Enough With The Girly
Sachi's Purls, kids. Sachi's Purls.

This here roving is called "Enough With The Girly" and it is SO beautiful. The picture is pretty good, but there's so much more depth to the colors that I just can't capture. I can't wait to spin it up. It is NOT girly at all, but it's subtle and pretty all the same. This is definitely going to be done in a navajo ply and I'm going to try to preserve the colors in the same progression she did them in. I pulled it out of the box and though, "Oh yeah. SO going to be the yarn I make the Harlot's handspun scarf out of. Whee!" Thanks, Sachi!

Odd Ball Sock (2 of 2)
Odd Ball Sock done, enough said, ugh, bad idea. Will be wearable, but I hated knitting it and I'm glad it's done.

I just cast on for Cookie A's Pomatamus socks in STR "Lapis" and WOW is that ever fabu. The perfect colorway for an amazing pattern. I love it when stuff just comes together so well. I will take pics when I have more than just ribbing to show you.

Otherwise I am spending far too much of my time on Ravelry. Danger, Will Robinson, Danger.

cactii
My garden is not dying. I am encouraged. See, it's been a rough year and all my plants died. SO recently I got a new batch of, er, hardier plants. Okay, okay, they're cactii, but whatever. I haven't killed them yet. My plants are a good indicator of how my moods are going. Call them my DepressOMeter. Right now, all systems are ok. I've been better, but I've been worse, too.

I taught myself to knit during a very bad depressive episode and I really think it saved my life. So when I found this collection of links and stories and what this one knitter is doing to raise awareness, I thought, "nifty!" and took the button. Check it out.

And now... it's payday. I am going to surf the Spunky Eclectic site and spend the grocery money on fiber to feed my habit. Stand back kiddies, Mama needs a new set of rovings!

5 comments:

Lucia said...

Do you know how many times I've picked up a combination of purple and green yarns in an LYS and said "I'll take these, they will make a pretty hat," and only remembered when I got home that, hello, I have at least half a dozen bags containing purple-and-green-for-a-nice-hat yarn? There's something about those colors that just turns my brain to mush. Not that this is a bad thing.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Lucia... you've just described my socks that rock problem in a nutshell. But they keep coming up wiht ways to combine them!!

if time exists said...

A cactus was the first plant I ever kept alive (after several failed attempts). Now I've moved on to herbs! Love those pots, too.

Roxie said...

Your roving is just yummy-luscious. Looking forward to the yarn it will produce.

I have a black thumb. I have killed cacti. Unless it will thrive on neglect, I can kill it! I ought to try potting up some dandelions and see how I do with weeeds. Best of luck with your cacti. They are lovely!

Ronni said...

I had looked at that roving and decided the colors weren't quite me (too much wine not enough purple) but your picture makes me like them quite a bit. I think maybe I'll make the leap after all...

I'm so pleased to see another DWJ reader!