Saturday, July 28, 2007

I have to very carefully rip Pomotamus back about half a repeat and see if I can salvage it. The reason for this is, it is a very bad idea to bring charted *anything* to an Eddie Izzard performance. Frankly, it's a bad idea to bring knitting to an Eddie Izzard performance period, because you'll probably laugh so hard you drop half your stitches even if you're just doing boring old st st. Just sayin.

OMG the funny.

Before we went off to see Mr. Izzard (who is really funny and did a 5 minute mime of a giraffe playing charades) I finally finished spinning and plying up the last ounce or so of Dandy Lion. It's all off the spindle now and waiting for a nice bath in some woolwash. It's still not my own personal favorite color scheme but damn is it some pretty yarn. I'm delighted with how it came out.

Dandy Lion, DONE

This came in the mail today
Spunky Morning Glory + Delphinium = spring garden
and I am thinking now that I want to ply the delphinium against the morning glory and make spring garden sock yarn.

The oldest is up in PDX for a few days, visiting family, while the youngest and I cool our heels in LA and try to find something to occupy our time. It seems like the summer is just whizzing by. We just got registration packets for back to school, camp is over, and I'm just now sinking into the idea of summer!!

7 comments:

Mouse said...

Oh my god.. I can't even knit to Eddie Izzard when he's on TV let alone if he were actually there!! He's so damn funny.. I'd love to see him in person.

Miss Emily said...

I'm new to the blogosphere and I can't figure out how to send you an e-mail, so ... Do you sell your yarn online? I'd love to get some!

Thanks!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Oh gosh! I don't sell my yarn Miss Emily, I just spin it for me and for fun. :-) I don't know as I think my yarn is really good enough to sell and since I buy my rovings already dyed from other artists, I would feel unethical selling a finished product made from their hard work. Maybe one day when I start dying my own fiber and spinning a little more to a standard I think is saleable! :-)

You really should come over to the dark side and try spinning yourself! Spindles are not too expensive, there is Etsy for great fiber and it's a FUN addiction!

if time exists said...

Oh, I'm jealous that you got to see Eddie!

The purple and blue are going to look incredible together.

Roxie said...

Random question for folks in LA: DH and I are leaving on Friday the3rd for four days in LA. Fiftieth anniversary celebration for a wedding in which he was the ring-bearer. While in the La Mirada Area, we want to take his mom out someplace really nice for lunch. Any suggestions? We'll be driving everywhere from El Segundo to Rancho California during our visit, so distance is not an object, nor is expense. Thanks!

Cara said...

Yes, knitting while watching Eddie Izzard is not possible, give it up.

Roxie: From my memories of Los Angeles, there really isn't anything NICE between El Segundo and Temecula (Rancho California?) unless you go far out of your way into the beach communities of Orange County, like Laguna Beach. However, on 15 between Corona and Lake Elsinore there is Tom's Farms, which has a little farmers market with great produce and candies, and a wine and cheese shop, and a little pond and faux antique shop. I think they also have a burger place there. It's fun, not fancy.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Roxie, I am not familiar with that area at all. I'm a bit farther north. That said, if you want to go a weeeee bit farther north into Venice, Santa Monica, the West side, I may be able to offer some suggestions.