Sunday, July 08, 2007

I have been busy spinning and spinning and spinning all week. On Friday I washed and soaked and hung and set some twist.

hanging detail
zero "Blake's Lamb" and Spunky unknown

I have started into my stash of Spunky roving of the month selections. People are getting handspun garter stitch scarves or hats for Christmas this year. Nothing fancy, but loverly handspun.

nightshade roving
nightshade singles

nightshade 2 ply

nightshade macro
nightshade 2 ply

This came as the "Nightshade" colorway from Spunky Eclectic a few months back. It is going to become the "Tea In The Woods Scarf" for one of my tea friends. It has the amber of tea, the green and browns of the forest, the blues of a lake in summer and the black of the night sky. Tonight I'll ply the last spindleful and tomorrow I'll set the twist. I love the idea of giving away my handspun for Christmas this year.

We drove to Yosemite yesterday to get the girl.
highway 41 bus from hell
The view was pretty consistent all the way up highway 41 into the mountains. Bus butt.

Bass Lake Yosemite
It got a lot better once we got off the main road.

We split the driving and I brought along some knitting for the long stretches.
clapotis on the road

It was 13 hours of driving. We got to Yosemite, then we turned right around and came home. I'm glad we went though, I'd never seen that country and it was beautiful. I feel blessed to have experienced it.

Later this week we are going to a funeral. I'm trying not to think about it much because every time I do, my heart breaks all over again for the family.

In the meantime, I will keep spinning and spinning the sorrow away.

1 comment:

if time exists said...

More pretty spinning! Do you do it all on a spindle? I don't really have a desire to buy a wheel anytime soon, so I'm interested to see what people are doing with spindles. Even if it's slower, I love how portable it is.

Really sorry to hear about your daughter's friend. My 14 year old cousin died last summer (fortunately it was not a drunk driver...but it was really out of the blue), and it's completely devastating. I still don't know how my uncle has made it.