Saturday, July 21, 2007

frugality? Not so much with that.

Yarn diet? What yarn diet? I was on a yarn diet, right? I think I remember that. Except, not so much with sticking to the yarn diet.

I was balancing my checkbook tonight and realized that somehow, I've spent the grocery budget on fiber.

In the last two weeks I've bought 3 skeins of Socks That Rock, 10 skeins of sock yarn and 32 ounces of roving from Pigeonroof Studios, 4 oz of roving from Sachi's Purls, 8 oz. of roving in Delphinium and my roving of the month club offering from Spunky Eclectic.

What demon fiber junkie impulses possessed me? What happened?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to the socks and yarn I will make from these things, and wowie is it gorgeous fiber! but I also like eating. Dipping into savings to cover that is *painful*. Good thing I just got a raise at work this week, I guess.

I'm so back on my yarn diet.

But I'm gonna be knitting up some dandy socks while I'm on it.

In all seriousness though, it is probably not a bad idea to do some self examination about why I have no concept of "moderation" when it comes to this kind of thing.

1 comment:

Lucia said...

I feel your pain. I looked around the yarn, er, guest room the other day and said, you know, it would be nice to have more room in here. Which means, yep, yarn diet. So far I haven't been too bad: I bought some yarn I didn't have for a project. (Callie immediately took it out of the bag and batted it around the bedroom floor. Some kittens never grow up. Yours have the cute all over her, though.)