Sunday, June 10, 2007

The power of cute. It will compel you.


Mittens. Coming soon to Chez Yarnpirate! Because having friends who rescue feral kittens and then socialize them into adoptable balls of wonderful fluff is a good thing, right?

So paying heed to the signals my body is giving and actually listening to the good Dr. P (Bestest Doctor Evar) about lowering my stress levels, I gave notice at my second job today. In two weeks, I will no longer be pushing the premium food pr0n, I'll just be working at the cafe. I'm sad to leave, it's been a wonderful job, but I am actually kind of hoping that this will free up time to actually do some pottery for my Etsy store.

In other news, giving up caffeine is really unfun, particularly when one is working mere feet from a hopper filled with sweet anodyne. Sheer willpower, baby, today was difficult in the extreme. I am told the headache goes away eventually. I suppose it is simply evidence that yes, caffeine is a drug, and I guess that makes me an addict. So on one level, I am glad to be kicking the habit. On the reality level, I want coffee. Now. Kthx.

Instead of coffee, I have pictures of Mittens. It is unknown how Puff and Charly Bear will react to the interloper, nevermind Tiki, but I think eventually everyone will get along okay. Besides, does this face look like the face of a kitten who is going to let a bunch of elderly cats and one neurotic dog push him around?


The cute is compelling, non? Gratuitous, but compelling.

5 comments:

Knitty Cat said...

The power of the cute compels you! The power of the cute compels you!
Sorry, couldn't help it...
Adorable kitty! Hope he's (she's?) not a yarn cat. I totally scored big time when my cat showed no interest in yarn whatsoever.
Good luck with the caffeine thing too. It's a hard habit to break. It is indeed a drug.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

I have a feeling, given the age of the fuzzy subject, that my knitting might be in peril. I will probably have to keep it up and safe.

Roxie said...

No knit is complete without cat spit.

I think Mittens is going to acquire some pseudonyms. Mittens, AKA Ming the Merciless, AKA Pwecious Baby . . .

Hang in. The headache does go away. And wise choice with the second job. Good luck!

Lucia said...

Yes, the headache does go away. I commiserate with you on the temptation, though. I too have had to give up caffeine due to health stuff. (Also cheese and chocolate.)

I feel myself being sucked toward the cute! Just keep it on your coast: we have enough cats already.

KnitNana said...

WHAT A DOLLBABY! :)
And I'm glad you're working to de-stress!
(((hugs)))