Thursday, May 24, 2007

I promised pictures and a recap. But it would take too long. I sum up. There was yarn, there were Dodger dogs, there were nachos and there were a lot of knitters. Also, hello, my name is Inego Montoya. You killed my fa..... er. Never mind. I digress.

nachosdog
I have never been so excited about anything in all my born days as I was excited to have both a Dodger dog and nachos with toxic yellow cheese. Perhaps someday I will learn moderation, but last night was not it. It is very hard to knit with toxic cheese in one's lap, I will say.

bananaknits
I was sitting next to this lady during the game and she got a picture of me over at her blog, blogging my nachos. It was a very silly night. I guess that's what you happen when you get a couple hundred knitters up so high the oxygen is thin, give them free knitting swag and then pump them full of nitrates and overpriced beer.

tiny men in tights
Baseball players are very tiny.

Iamshinywithbaud
I am very shiny. Please note, finished Baudelaires. Finally. Since like, last year. They're done. I'm the worst. knitster. evar. I swear.

knitters
A lot of knitters. A very steep incline. I didn't get a picture, but there was a security guard standing next to me saying to one of his buddies, "Oh yeah. Tonight, I got the EASY section. I got the KNITTERS." to which I say, "Oh honey. You have NO idea."

hostesseswithmostesses(yarn)
And our lovely hostesses who have the mostesses (yarn), the A Mano ladies!

I have to confess that I didn't catch too much of the game, I was having too much fun watching what was going on around me with all the knitters in the stands. But I caught some. We won, yay Dodgers! I had such a blast and am totally going next year. Yay!

5 comments:

Phoe said...

Looks like fun! And I am most jealous of the neon nachos and the Dodger dog. I once waited in line for 7 innings to get one of them. :)

geogrrl said...

No, no. Not the worst knitter ever.

I recall my mother starting a cardigan for me when I was four. By the time I was seven, it was finished. I had outgrown it before it was finished and my youngest brother wore it. Then many, many nieces and nephews.

Mouse said...

Inconceivable! hee hee. Your Princess Bride reference made me snort my coffee.
(anybody want a peanut?)

Roxie said...

Worst knitter ever? She's the granny of a family down the street. She uses crappy cheap acrylic because it's machine washable, puts together gawd-awful colors in bizzare ways, knits sweaters that might fit a hydrocephalic garter snake, complete with dropped stitches, and any other mistake you can imagine, wraps them up, and sends them to teenaged boys for birthday presents. then complains when they don't write thank-you notes. You have a long way to go to beat her.

Lucia said...

I want to leap right through the monitor and scarf your nachos n cheese n salsa. This is what comes of two months on a diet that forbids all cheese and tomato.

You are most certainly not the worst knitter ever. I would be embarrassed to tell you how old some of my WIPs are. (I think I still have part of a baby blanket for my 24-year-old niece.)

Is the blonde (5th picture) CAP?