Friday, April 06, 2007

A True Story. At my Other Job.

In which our heroine encounters an actor whom she has long admired, well known for his role as Dr. Frank n Furter, as well as many other fine movie and television roles. This venerable actor walked in to my store today, to peruse the wonders within. He was relaxing and having a happy day. Little did he know he had wandered in to CRAZY BEE GIRL land.

Let me set the stage. See, it is early, I am alone in the store. I am flustered, I am faxing documents east on a deadline, I am getting bombarded with calls from teh plumber, I am harried, I rush out of the office and notice "guy in a grey sweatsuit." and sorta "floomph" against the counter fanning myself with a piece of paper and say, "Wow. Ya ever have one of those days?"

And then the penny drops, OMGPONIES TIM CURRY IN MY STORE TIM CURRY OMG.

And he says, "OH yes indeed."

In that Voice. Because the man? He has Voice.

And I lose all power of thought and speech and I'm just, er, buh. Can't talk. Hyperventilating now. Timcurryinmystore.

So he walks over near our display of honey body balms and other wonderful botanicals, and is examining them and I walk over to him, intending to say, "Ah, yes. These wonderful honey botanicals, so fragrant, made by nuns! When we uncap the bottles and spritz the store, they are so fragrant that bees fly into the store looking for the source of the smell. Reallywonderful stuff Mr. OMGPONIES Curry." and perhaps demonstrate the botanical wonders within by inviting him to try something balmy.

What came out of my mouth was, "That'll give you, er, bees."

Let us recap. "That'll GIVE YOU BEES." I said. Bees. I am IN my store, less than five feet from one of my favorite actors ever, and I tell him he'll catch a nasty case of bees from our lotion.

Something tells me he's never coming into our store again as long as he thinks Crazy Bee Girl might be working there. Possibly longer.

I think I win. I'm not sure what, but I win.

I probably should not be allowed in public or to talk to people, which is funny considering I work both in retail and as a barista, both jobs requiring some amount of coherence and snappiness and you know, use of the language.

17 comments:

Inky said...

you said "That'll give you, er, bees," to TIM CURRY? hahahahaha.

omg, i am sorry but that's the best celebr-encounter story ever.

he rocked my world when I was 17, and still does it for me. except maybe the grey sweatsuit bit.

love you!

Mouse said...

OMFG... hee hee hee hee hee.
I literally laughed out loud at my desk over this one. I also adore Tim Curry.. and would probably have said something equally as stupid. Now.. did he BUY whatever it was? I'm sure a little bees never bothered TIM CURRY.

Cambria said...

Only you Rain... only you. :)

Lucia said...

No, I would do it too... or else I would emit a semicoherent 100-word sentence full of giggles and ums and probably the word gonorrhea, and he would back out of the store along about word 27. I only act like a complete dweeb when I'm trying to impress someone. More impressive, more dweebish.

Roxie said...

This is Tim Curry we are talking about. There is no way that you could be the strangest encounter he has ever had. He's probably just glad you didn't throw toast at him. If he doesn't want to be recognized, he should wear a false nose or something. You probably just amused him.

Inky said...

Here, i think you need this

http://www.celebriducks.com/Large%20pics/drfranknfurter.jpg

roggey said...

TIM! CURRY! *sigh* you lucky wench, you... who cares if you told him something and it ended up "bees..." I'm sure he's heard worse from other people.

Besides, TIM! CURRY! and he spoke to you...

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Inky, owmybrainOMGDUCKS!!!

Phoe said...

*wipes tear* Oh, this made me giggle madly. Who knows, maybe Tim Curry likes bees?

Crimson said...

*delurks* Wow. That is the best story ever. You truly made me laugh so hard (in that creepy, quiet, wheezy kind of laugh because I'm at work) I'm practically weeping. What a great encounter with Dr Frank.

Renee said...

I randomly came across this story when it got metaquoted on liverjournal, and here I am reading it again (by accident again) and I have to tell you, this is the funniest story I've read in a LONG time. I could totally relate, I would've done the same if not worse!

Antof9 said...

I was just telling a friend that the actor who played King Arthur in the Spamalot matinee I saw this weekend sounded *just* like Tim Curry. She immediately pointed me to this blog entry.

I have to tell you, I'm a fan. Seriously. I heart this entry. And honestly, if he's shopping in a grey sweatsuit, he could do worse than get bees :)

CurrysAngel said...

Tim Curry will most likely never forget you . . . that's for sure! I know he's gotten some interesting questions and strange fan encounters [I may be one of his strangest,too] -- still I guarantee he has NEVER, until now, had anyone mention "bee's".

You're now unforgetable (spelling?). And Tim Curry as the a really good memory!

CurrysAngel said...

. . . I meant: Tim Curry has a really good memory! Oops! I can't type, apparently.

sylvia said...

I was pointed at this today and it made me laugh out loud - you poor thing! That's so funny.

Marietta said...

why are there two versions of this story online? seems like there are two people who claim this happened to them? this one and 'ame_chan' on livejournal. http://community.livejournal.com/metaquotes/5989568.html

Flame said...

Marietta I'm pretty sure they're the same person.