Friday, February 23, 2007

Sorry if your feeds were spammed to death, I migrated the blog over to the new Blogger and it seems to have spat everything back out in the process.

I'm working two jobs right now, which means I haven't got much internet time and not a lot of interesting things to say even when I do get online. But let's see, a few highlights.

The grrl turned 16, got lip pierced, went crowd surfing and sang onstage with Defiance, Ohio in downtown LA the other night. I survived the experience, though a few more grey hairs appeared. While I am a veteran of tattoo and piercing parlors, it is entirely different when one takes one's offspring in for this sort of thing. However, Todd at Velvet Grip in WeHo was great, a real pro, did a nice job for her and it looks great. The youngest has been horribly sick all week with a nasty ear infection for which we now have appropriate medication, and with any luck she will be doing better by tonight.

Did I mention working two jobs and I have no life? Hi! Yes that's right, I am either working or sleeping and sometimes I manage a few rows on that damned painter's scarf, but I can't remember the last time I was able to just sit and KNIT for anything resembling more than ten minutes. Vive le single motherhood, y'all. It is busy, busy thing.

Um. Also, I am very tired. I want some fun yarny time. I see none in my future for several weeks. Alas.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

I raised two children by myself, so I really understand the whole single motherhood, juggling me/ballet/judo/grocery shopping...it's an adventure. My daughter was three days old, my son was 3 1/2 when I left. I moved 200 miles away from my job and then COMMUTED to LA every day because that was where my job was. What was I thinking? Now they are 22 and 19 and the rough times are a thing of the past. It will happen to you too. You'll have entire weekends to knit, listen to whatever music you want and eat ice cream all day. It will all work out in the end and if it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.
Chloe

Roxie said...

Bless your dear heart. I am holding you in my thoughts today. Strength and peace to you.

Ragnar said...

I'm hoping my daughter creature will become less conservative as time goes on, but as it is I hear a lot of *sigh* "no I don't want a mohawk," *sigh* "why would I want pink hair." I understand that 9 is a conservative age. I console myself with the fact that she likes skulls and pirates. Congrats on nurturing a human being up through age 16, quite an accomplishment.