Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A lot of New Years posts going up, a lot of resolutions, a lot of changes in the wind for people. This is the time when we all start thinking about what we'd like to change or do better. I don't usually make resolutions but I definitely have a laundry list of things I'd like to improve. It's going to be a year of big changes Chez Yarnpirate. I'm not sure how things are gonna pan out but I know they WILL pan out one way or another. I am trusting in my ability to make it work well.

I start a second job in a few weeks so will not have a lot of knitting time. But I do have knitting goals. The biggest of my goals is to FINISH the stuff on my sidebar. I want the sense of having finished something successfully. I didn't get a hell of a lot finished in 2006. My attention was elsewhere for a lot of the time. This year I'd like to be more consistent. I'd like to not have them hanging over my head.

I want to dive into spinning fiber and really understand what I'm doing with it and why it does the things it does instead of having happy accidents. I want a good foundation.

I want to knit more socks and use up a goodly chunk of my stash yarn. I'm not doing Knit Your Stash or Lime and Violet's Sock Marathon, but I want to make a dent in what I have all the same. It is nice yarn. It deserves to be used.

I want to be a better, more active, more involved friend. Flake less. Comment more. Show more interest and caring to the people around me, both IRL and online. I want to get involved more in my local SnB groups and cultivate ties with other knitters in my area.

I want to be a better mom.

I want to simplify my life so that what is left is sustaining and meaningful.

I want to do better. I will work harder.

Lotta changes and shifts in the Pirate-sphere, a lot going on that I just can't really write about publically, but as it unfolds I'll be able to express it a little more. I'm looking forward to that. Biting my tongue has been hard, but necessary and the responsible thing to do.

I really hope all y'all have a happy new year. I kicked mine off in a very mixed fashion. I celebrated my birthday with family in wonderful style. I got kidnapped off to Disneyland for the day by my painter and acquired some spiffy new striped mouse ears. I ate some great food and got some awesome new yarn and knitting books and, oh, yes, SPINNING WHEEL! Conversely, I also really pissed off someone who I love dearly by being thoughtless, made some impulsive financial choices as pertains to new yarn and you know, I was human. And it's only the 3rd day of the new year. At least I suppose I can say that I have started off by living as I mean to go on and quite fully at that.

It's a good start. A mixed bag, but a good start.

2 comments:

Lucia said...

Happy New Year, happy birthday, and human is good. (In some cases I'd be tempted to put all kinds of stipulations on that, but not in this one.)

Z said...

Admirable goals ANY time of the year. I'll be reading (and COMMENTING!) to see how you do!!! Mazel Tov!