Tuesday, December 19, 2006

First off, I have lost my Christmas knitting. Seriously. I can't find it. It's missing. Seein' as how it's only a few more days till Christmas, I'm a LEETLE BIT STRESSED BY THEES, OKAY????? Hello! if you find two skeins of TiltAWhirl El Dorado and a half worked Column of Leaves Scarf, a So Called Scarf in Manos and a baby sweater, please leave me a comment. Thank you.

It's freaking cold in Southern California and I am not pleased. Or amused. Just sayin.

Miss Em is sick and I'm missing work tomorrow in order to stay home with her. Fortunately I won't miss HOURS or pay because I swapped a shift with a coworker. I'd officially like the season of unwellness to stoppit now. Finding it difficult to reconcile work obligations with mothering obligations when things like fevers suddenly spring up. Otoh, it's a day to rest my back. I'm not complaining too hard.

Holiday retail continues to amuse. Yesterday it was the customer who could not decide what gift set she wanted and changed her mind 6 freaking times, even AFTER I'd rung stuff in and was about to swipe her credit card. I think the rule should be that if your VISA card is in my hand, you no longer get to change your mind. My hands are so dry from wrapping gifts and this cold air that the fingerprint reader no longer recognizes my print about 2/3 of the time. Hilarity ensues at this point generally because the cash register shuts down and must be rebooted any time the fingerprint or passcode fails. This is fun when you have a long line.

I got tagged for this meme. So the way I think this should work is, if you want to do the meme, totally do it. I'm interested in 6 weird things about all of you. If you haven't got time or would rather not? Don't. All good, yo.

1. I have to drink my coffee every morning out of my blue mug which has a moth on it. If I am forced to use another mug, I am very crabby. I'm a little OCD about the morning coffee ritual.

2. I do not eat bready things in bites off the actual bready thing. I break them up into pieces and eat the pieces with my fingers. It bugs me to eat them straight up. Please no bite taken off the actual croissant or muffin, let me pull off a piece and eat that.

3. I chew my fingers to nubbins when I am stressed. It's one reason why I picked up knitting, so as to not have bloody stumps attached at the wrists.

4. I do not sleep naked if I can help it. I absolutely must have on clothing. Preferably flannel pjs with long sleeves.

5. I never wear earrings that match. This is mostly because I leave them lying around everywhere and so can usually only find one of any given pair at any given time.

6. I put aged balsamic vinegar on my ice cream.

And last but not least, I got some absolutely cool fimo stitch markers from Mousie Masala and you should all go buy some. I got flat sheep. They rock my knitting. Or at least, they would, if I could find it.

3 comments:

Geogrrl said...

The cats inform me that your knitting hasn't shown up here. Although, they look WAY too innocent, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I've told them to alert me if they find anything.

dan said...

Okay, that would have me SERIOUSLY BUGGING if I lost my knitting. Hope you find it.
I've got a few things to finish before we take off for Texas.

Knitty Cat said...

I like a balsamic vinegar reduction on uber cheep vanila icecream. mmmmm