Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Yet again, flat... flat on my arse. Woe.

Results of dr. visit today: 12 weeks of PT up to 3x a week, depending on what the PT person says I need. My deductible sucks, this is going to be expensive. But doc was v. behind the long term idea of PT and then Pilates and maybe yoga. He was very happy I asked for it and he didn't have to talk me into it. I guess most folks want pills, not exercise.

Ultram daily and muscle relaxers at night, in the short term. I've never taken Ultram before. I'm very floaty, sleepy and stoned feeling after my first dose. He said it'd take a day or two for me to get used to the effects, but that I shouldn't have trouble working, driving or functioning on it. Frankly, I dunno, I'm not sure I like it. Because I sure as hell wouldn't get behind a wheel of a car right now, I am officially stoned. I hate this. I hate drugs. I hate taking drugs. I'm so glad the long term solution is physical therapy AND NOT DRUGS.

No lifting more than 10 lbs for 2 weeks. I have to take it super easy and it's going to take time and he says to suck it up about being bored and not being able to do what I want to do. There will be much time spent flat on my arse with a bag of frozen peas jammed up my shirt. He thinks we can make it "bulletproof" so that I don't do this again, given enough time to heal, proper PT and the proper application of body mechanics on my part in future.

I hobbled to the LYS for the dpns that I needed on the way home. Man oh man was I ever tempted by the Lantern Moon dpns in rosewood - SO pretty - but they were $24 and the Brittany dpns were $8. So. Yeah. No. Brittany it was. I subsequently rewarded myself for self control with two balls of Rowan felted tweed - I want a pair of Knucks.

I guess I should really roll up the yarn and then cast on my DIY sock now that I've got the dpns. It's time to get that sorted. And hey, woo! It's a charted pattern. Yay! I SHALL KNIT IT ON DRUGS. FOR TELEVISION.

Ultram. I'm in ur brains messin with ur knittin.

1 comment:

Inky said...

I'm glad you sent yourself to the doc and he ordered you the PT. Don't tell your family you're on meds, lol, they may take advantage :)

hugs!!