Saturday, November 11, 2006

Well Mr. Yarnpirate MacGrumpypants decided that he needed beer with the boys this evening (beer and pool are both very good things), both the girls were off at a sleepover and I did not feel like sitting home alone with Dr. Who on a Friday night (don't get me wrong, David Tennant, phwoar!) so I asked a few of ze girls over for an impromptu girls night. We had red wine, we had hard cider, we had POTS OF TEA, we had a 13x9 pan of brownies made with two sticks of real butter, we had spanakopita and tiny quiches (hello! Trader Joes! I love you! Your freezer section makes me so happy and solves my hostess dilemmas!)

Tiki provides moral support while Em frogs her colorworked sock.
Em/Tiki/yarnvomit

I'm serious. That is some yarn vomit there. Whole colorworked sock. Gone.
yarn vomit
She spun that yarn, btw, and dyed the grey herself. Color me in awe. I'm glad I bought all that red wine because I think I need one after watching all that frogging. Traumatized.

scarf of doom
This is the scarf that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, some knitter started knitting it a long long time ago and she is still here knitting it and on and on it goes this is the scarf that never ends.... sari silk is, I am told, a pain in the ass. Please, here, have some of this fruity red. It pairs nicely with garter stitch.

kawaii!
Kawaii des!

We do not discriminate against the other needle arts.
P1010009
That's completely handstitched, that dragon. Faaabulous.

Also, we have spanakopita. Tiki is providing moral support to the spanakopita because it is gothic and sad and about to be eaten. There were some terrified mini quiches on that plate, but they got what was coming to them. No mercy.
P1010014

puff
"Cake or death?"

Also, I learned to Andean ply and spun up some of September's Spunky Club roving for the lesson (with the help of a nice pinot noir.)
P1010017
Heavy worsted/aran singles plied into a 2 ply chunky weight. Love the color changes and think this will make a nifty scarf. Too scratchy for much else. It wants for a bath to set the twist, then a good shake and a hanging. Then we'll see.

I had so much fun. This is definitely going to be a regular event.

I'm also smug about the elections, even if Der Governator did win, he's better than the other guy. Ahnold is pretty much what you see is what you get. I can deal with him for another term, even if I'm not super neato keen on all his policies. And how about those Dems? House AND the Senate! Go voters!

5 comments:

Mouse said...

The "cake or death" photo made me snort my tea.. well done.

Geogrrl said...

Spanikopita, yum!

And I see I've found another Eddie Izzard fan. Fantabulous, as ABB would say.

Man, I wish you guys lived near me.

Jess said...

Ah, fun. My girls who knit (the girls I know who happen to knit vs. the girls I met through knitting) and I used to have a 1-2 times/month knitting and chick flicks night, and it was oodles of fun. But one of them moved to DC, one just had a baby, and the other isn't returning my emails (not to mention breaking the heart of another friend of mine, not that I'd stop talking to her for that), so it hasn't happened in almost a year. Sigh...

Lucia said...

And you didn't invite me... looks like great fun. And, yeah, for once you can go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public, for which we are duly thankful. Now, Madam Speaker, Mr. Majority Leader? Please don't f this one up. We want you around for a while.

Z said...

Still nothing about no Knitty Gritty....someone better be emailing me soon!!!!