Monday, November 06, 2006

I am having kiln issues and thus am frustrated and slow about getting my pottery up onto Etsy. Bother. Lacking that, I've been busily making stitch markers:

EVIL EYE

This is actually an old picture, but the markers look the same. Lampworked glass beads with blue glass accent beads, silver wrapped wire, sized to fit up to #10/6.5mm needles. Set of 5 for $15 includes tax and postage. When I list 'em on Etsy, I think the shipping will not be included in that. I've got two sets left for sale but am making more. Hopefully the Etsy thing will be up and running soonish, with teapots and trivet, kiln gods willing and the creek don't rise.

We do not say the word "Serrano" in this house. What is this "Serrano" of which you speak? Oh... you mean the sleeve that I still haven't ripped back because I want to cry every time I look at it? That sleeve? Yeah, in the knitting bag, I'll deal with it after the Christmas knitting. I know, I'm the world's most ADD knitter. Sue me. 7 repeats into Brooke's Column Of Leaves scarf, loving the pattern. Working it in Lisa Souza's El Dorado in "wild thing" and I must say if you have NOT checked out Lisa Souza's site, you really should. This is kid mohair and silk 2-ply yarn, 264 yards for $22 a skein.

....

Yes. You read that right. $22 a skein, 264 yards, kid mohair and silk handpainted yarn.

Y'all, why are you even still here? Make with the clicky already! You know you want some.

4 comments:

Lucia said...

So cute! I have to learn to make those.

Sorry about the, um, you-know-what. I so know that feeling.

Geogrrl said...

Man! I love those stitch markers. Is that supposed to be the eye of Horus, a "God's Eye" or something else?

You should give the URL for your Etsy shop in the sidebar--or did I miss it?

I understand about the Serrano. Sometimes the yarn and pattern have to be sat in the corner for a while until they learn to behave.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

It's a charm against the evil eye - particularly useful with knitting because the "evil eye" is cast when someone looks upon something with envy or covetousness - if someone compliments your knitting they can inadvertently throw the evil eye on it.

And yeah, Serrano isn't one of those fussy high heeled strappy shoe wearing high maintenance projects? It's just too goddamn smart for it's own good and needs to play nice with the regular kids.

Geogrrl said...

Protection against the evil eye? Sounds like a good idea. Now that you explain it, it makes perfect sense.

Be sure to let us know when the Etsy store is up and running. I'm seeing a set of those as a Christmas gift (for me).