Monday, October 02, 2006

serrano repeat 1

Serrano -first repeat and hem. Have I mentioned what a cunning hem this is? Cleverly fashioned. Ditto the facings for the hook/eye closures. Slipped stitch every other row insures that it will fold neatly when the time comes to sew it down. This is a well thought out pattern. I can already tell that the details are neatly designed to make the finishing look sharp and professional. It's hard to photograph black yarn, but you can get an idea of the stitch pattern anyway and it'll look great when it's blocked. Ah the miracle of lace, right? This is a GREAT knit. It's the perfect weight for LA and has a great feel and nice stitch definition.

You know that you want to join our knit along! C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it!

I'm afraid Icarus has been languishing in the knitting bag while I've been obsessing over busy with Serrano, but I've been carrying My So Called Scarf around everywhere since it is a fairly simple pattern to do while you're busy doing other things. That's growing nicely and I am about to wind up and start on the second skein. Hopefully that'll be done and off the needles by the end of the month.

I'm afraid I've gone and gotten myself hooked on that new NBC show Heroes which has lots of things I like and which I think everyone should check out. They're streaming it over at NBC.com if you missed the first few eps. Go, go, it's actually must-see TV!

2 comments:

Lucia said...

From what I can see of it, it's lovely. No KALs for me, though, I'm already committed to quite a bit of charity knitting, not to mention the holidays looming on the horizon.

Z said...

That's some shiny knitting ya got there but I'll stick with my Knucks KAL obsession for now...