Saturday, August 12, 2006

Okay, here it is. My favorite picture of my grandmother:
Aubry@1

It was taken some time in 1913 or 1914. Not exactly sure. The little coat and bonnet were from Paris, Grandma's Aunt Mae had gone there on a trip with Uncle Bert and they brought back the outfit with them. I'm told it was silk and fabulous and trimmed with handmade lace and all hand sewn. I've suddenly got all inspired to scan in all my old family pics and stick them onto a CD for family.

And this:
Rain and granparents

This is really my mental image of Gran. SHe usually had on a 1950's style housedress like that, with pearls, and her hair was always done up and she never came down without her face creamed and made up. Sometimes she'd let me sit at her little vanity and play with her cosmetics. She had blue eyeshadow and a million pairs of shoes - one for each outfit. And a matching handbag. My Gran was a real lady. I also like this picture because it shows my Grandpa Bill, who had a kind face and who I loved deeply. I'm a little younger and thinner here, and So-chan is LOTS younger here, but the hair is the same.

1 comment:

The Guppy said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing! I just updated my blog with one, but I'm going to post a few more tomorrow when I'm home.