I haven't just been too busy to knit, I've also completely neglected my budding re-entry into the pottery biz. But that changed this week and I'm leaping back into it. These are another test, prefire, slightly more textured underglaze and going for a redder "henna" tint. We'll see how it fires up - glaze colors can be tricky, though the products I'm using are pretty damn predictable. Based on an indian bridal henna.
As is always the case when there is a huge period of time when I don't pick up a jac bottle, I'm not 100% thrilled but know that I will be happier with subsequent designs. The teapots, being 3 dimensional, lend themselves well to the application of this type of embellishment. Kiln today and I think I'm picking up a bunch of tiles for trivets. I have pre-orders, which makes me happy. Etsy soon!
I also seem to be over my finishing slump as far as knitting, and finished up the first Embossed Leaves sock from the pair I am making for my mother's birthday. Now I just have to get the other one done by Sept. 27th. I really love how the Bearfoot knit up, can't wait to make myself a pair with that skein in "lupine" that I've got in stash!