Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I haven't just been too busy to knit, I've also completely neglected my budding re-entry into the pottery biz. But that changed this week and I'm leaping back into it. These are another test, prefire, slightly more textured underglaze and going for a redder "henna" tint. We'll see how it fires up - glaze colors can be tricky, though the products I'm using are pretty damn predictable. Based on an indian bridal henna.

indian lid

indian teapot 1

As is always the case when there is a huge period of time when I don't pick up a jac bottle, I'm not 100% thrilled but know that I will be happier with subsequent designs. The teapots, being 3 dimensional, lend themselves well to the application of this type of embellishment. Kiln today and I think I'm picking up a bunch of tiles for trivets. I have pre-orders, which makes me happy. Etsy soon!

I also seem to be over my finishing slump as far as knitting, and finished up the first Embossed Leaves sock from the pair I am making for my mother's birthday. Now I just have to get the other one done by Sept. 27th. I really love how the Bearfoot knit up, can't wait to make myself a pair with that skein in "lupine" that I've got in stash!

9 comments:

kristin said...

Well that is just beautiful! Will they be available for purchase somewhere on the web? What a great idea.

rincaro said...

Wow. Just stunning.

Mouse said...

I absolutely LOVE that teapot! I can't wait to see what it looks like when its fired..
I'd love to talk to you about pre-ordering a teapot like this for myself- please email me!

Inky said...

TAP TAP TAP - i need a little sumpthin' sumpthin' for the new abode - let us know as soon as the Etsy shop is up!!! Your work looks beautiful!

Doozers Knit said...

I. Lust. After. That. Teapot.

Let me know when I can give you money. Please.

Doozers Knit said...

I lie. I don't want THAT teapot, although the designs have both amezuki and I wanting to keep you.

I want a Brown Betty shaped teapot with your gorgeously artistic designs. And I want to pay you exorbitant amounts for it.

La Tea Dah said...

A beautiful teapot! Lovely!

Jenn said...

Oh wow..... I can't WAIT to see your store so I can by something!

Jill said...

I'm in love!