Friday, July 14, 2006

While flipping through the online photos at the camp website (my kids are still at camp) I was DELIGHTED to see a picture of my darling eldest child with all of her cabin mates.

My darling eldest child who now has a completely shaved head, except for a pair of Chelsea bangs in front.

Because we LOVE to find out about radical hair changes via pictures, from camp, while the kid is 6 hours away and not within intense discussion distance. Love. That.

The thing that has me worried is, about 4 of her cabin mates were also sporting similarly shorn 'do's. And since last year, So-chan got in major trouble with camp administration for running a beauty salon out of the girls loo, dying the sinks purple and half the campers too, I am wondering if an unfortunate precedent has been set.

One wonders what she'll do next year to top this year's hair hijinks?

Hopefully not Brazillians.

4 comments:

Lucia said...

Keep telling yourself, "it's hair. It will grow back." (This thought has sustained me through several comically bad perms. Of mine, I mean.)

Brazilians???

Mouse said...

Doh!

sopranospinner said...

Oh.My.Gosh. I don't know what I would do! It's like "The Parent Trap" only...shaved?? It will grow, but oh, my! When do they come back? What does the younger one look like?

Jen Z said...

Yikes!! Yes, not a parent's favorite way to find these things out. How old is she?