Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Still No Knitting

Most of the West Coast is in hell a little bit warm from the summer heat and here in LA, it is unbelievably muggy. I believe it's kinda that way all up and down, really. So on the heels of this fabulous moistness, has come a massive flare of whatever the hell it is that sometimes makes my joints feel really crappy. Which is probably, most likely, arthritis, except I don't like to use that word la la la la. Whatever ya want to call it, I'm popping ibuprofein like candy and my hands are in a massive pain flare, so I'm not knitting much. I think I got about three rows done on Mom's birthday sock #1 in the last few days. Forget Icarus. Laceweight with these hands? Not happening.

Hot. Cranky. Sore.

I've been sleeping an awful lot, and dreaming about yarn.

8 comments:

Geogrrl said...

Man, that sucks. Feel better soon; it's horrible to want to knit and not be able to.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...

I know the feeling. Its been near 100 all freaking week!! You'd think it would make your joints feel better but nooooo..must be the humidity?!
I haven't knit all week either. Been staring at the TV which I never do. Well at least its HGTV. Sleeping when its cool enough.

Roxie said...

The joints might benefit from alternating heat and cold. Lay off the ibupropfen for a day, and try wrapping your hands around a big icy Cuba Libre, then, when that's gone, wrap them around a big mug of hot tea with rum. Alternate till the pain goes away.

(Joint pain is no fun, but given a choice between laughing and weeping, Ill choose the joke every time. Sorry if it's in poor taste.)

sopranospinner said...

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the weather. It is awful, isn't it? We're only comfortable IN the pool. The rest of the time, blech. Let's hope the marine layer comes back soon...

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Roxie: In poor taste????!!!! Er. Hello! PIRATE.

I laughed so hard that coffee came out my nose.

I hope everyone gets to cool off soon. I know they're starting to actually lose folks in other parts of the country. CA has set up "cooling centers" for the elderly and is providing free rides to them

Lucia said...

So sorry. I send you cool(er), dry, nimble thoughts. Unfortunately I can't send you cool weather as ours is quite warm also.

Z said...

It's always that nasty here...HHH - hazy, hot and humid. We'll top 90 throughout the next week...and my wooden needles don't like it. Nope, not one bit. They swell and they get sticky. Ick.