Thursday, July 06, 2006

I got a bunch of stuff from the kiln yesterday and dropped off my mehndi tiles. A few test pieces, some stuff I did a LoooooOOooOOong time ago. Very pleased.

muertos platter fired
A few kiln booboos but I am SO thrilled with this platter. This one, I keep. I will make others though, and sell them.

muertos platter back
back of platter

folklorico plates

P1010004
Folklorico, one of the design lines from a while ago that I am keeping because it is bright and cheerful and *always* makes me happy to work on.

tribal sushi/tiles
Tribal sushi, love how it came out, still contemplating this one for production. The tiles are for a mirror I am making the girls for their bathroom, they say things like, "my worth is not determined by the size of my clothes", "fairest one of all", "sassy", "bold", "I stand on my own two feet" etc. It'll eventually be a tiled/mosiac frame around a mirror that hangs on the wall. A friend suggested I make sure there's tiles that say "I Love You" on there. I've now decided to make two, since they will each need such wisdom going forward in their lives as young women.

Mendhi test tiles should be ready next week, Lady willing and the creek don't rise. Kiln Goddess giveth and She taketh away.

11 comments:

Lucia said...

OMG, such gorgeous stuff! Where do you sell it?

Totally OT: check this out. Not a plug for DH, honest, just for your amusement.

Jen Z said...

WOW! Stunning. Hope to see more in the future!

P.S. Hi! I met you and Tiki very briefly at Mary and Casey's. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/klwalton/180833290/) Came across your blog via flickr. Have a great day!

Tammy said...

Wow, these are so beautiful!! And the idea for the girls' bathroom....our girls need all the encouragment they can get, I think. Such a wonderful thing you are doing!!

Phoe said...

Great work! I'm in love with that first platter especially.

Geogrrl said...

The platter is gorgeous. Love, love it. I also really like "Tribal Sushi". "Folklorico" isn't my thing, but they're very well done.

I also really like the idea of the tile surround you're creating for your daughters. What a wonderful thought.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Lucia, OMG SO FUNNY! I need one of those. Badly.

Thanks you guys :-)

Annie said...

Oh these are lovely!! In addition to Knitting for 30 years..I've also been a ceramic artist/potter. I love your work..makes me wanna get back in there and do something!!
Thats a Lovely Red. Is it a glaze or and underglaze? I never could find a decent food safe Red glaze. Truthfully, I've been out of the loop for about 4 years. Enlighten me .. Please
Annie

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Annie, it is 'dark scarlet' and a foodsafe underglaze from Duncan. I layer it on pretty thickly (3-4 coats) to get it that bright.

I *adore* red pottery!

Z said...

I can see why that makes you happy to work on it!!! It makes me happy to look on it!!!

Jill said...

You start selling, and I'll find a way to start buying!

Annie said...

Thanks.. Oh I use Duncan glazes.. I'll have to go shopping.
I should mention, also. I'm a veteran homeschool mom. My youngest is 25 now so I can honestly say..IT worked GREAT! Let me know if you need ideas. I still have tons!!
Annie