Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hey SP8, THANK YOU FOR THE SOAP!!! A box came! And in the box, was soap! Vanilla and cinnamon soap, from Alchemic Dragon, to be precise! I love it, it's fab. Thank you so much! It smells wonderful. I'm loving it.

I'm not sure what we're doing today. Taking Tiki to the dog park probably, going for a walk on Venice Beach, spending a quiet day. We'll probably head down to Playa Del Rey for our traditional fireworks over the water. We have these friends who we NEVER see, they live like, twenty minutes from us, and we only ever manage to see them on the 4th at the beach. It's pathetic, but it has become something like a tradition. We hang out, have a picnic, watch pretty lights, vow to get together for social fun that is not fireworks related, and then don't see each other until the next year. Crazy.

So, yeah. Ho hum. Big heap excitement over here Chez Yarnpirate, non?

About the most excitement I've had was going to the market last night and realizing that I do not have to cook for children. I can eat whatever the hell I want for TWO MORE WEEKS. So I got cherries, peaches, nectarines, grapes, watermelon, vanilla ice cream and Dr. Henry's root beer (floats!), Klondike bars, fancy cheese, fabulous artisan bread and lime popsicles. All I need now is salsa and bacon from Trader Joe's, and I'm SET.

4 comments:

Lucia said...

Every time I come here you're talking about food. Really good food. And me trying to lose weight. Good thing I bought all those strawberries.

Shannon said...

Just a note, be aware when using the Cinnamon soap that it does have Cinnamon essential oil in it. In other words, please mind your privates when washing in the am, unless you like a sudden wakeup call :)

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

SAVE THE BITS!! USE VANILLA!!! ;-)

Z said...

Now THAT is a serious foodie treat :)