Monday, June 19, 2006

The Yarnpirate and the Handsome Cabin Boy are taking a stab at foodblogging. Like there aren't enough food blogs about Los Angeles already, ya know? Like LA needs two more idiots talking about food and taking pictures in restaurants. Well, we eat out a lot, that Cabin Boy and I, and we love food, we love Los Angeles and we love talking about the food we eat in LA, so we're gonna do it anyway. If we ever can come up with a catchy name for our embryonic food blog, that is. Food Whore is taken, alas. But we're working on it and if you have any ideas for a funny, naughty foodie kind of blog name, drop me a comment. Two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn are YOURS if we decide to use your name! In "Mixed Berries" of course, since, well, food. Right then.

Alas, I did not get to meet Anthony Bourdain this weekend or attend either of the TWO signings he did on Sunday in the Los Angeles area. So sad. We had to have the kids on a bus to camp at 6 am on Sunday morning and really, after that, the only thing on my mind yesterday was taking a nap. Which is exactly what me and My Sexxeh Fire Eater ended up doing, after a lavish breakfast chez Laurent. There was also a trip to the dog park in there. Then I got to have dinner out with my Cabin Boy. It's a rough life. So while I am sad to have missed my fantasy hottie love monkay, a day spent with my REAL hottie love monkays in turn, sans kids, with no pressing agenda, more than made up for it. I'll have to catch the Bourdain on the next trip around.

Btw, My Handsome Cabin Boy is officially the bomb, as this managed to come back in his suitcase from Australia:
aussie socks

I call this "Striped Knee Socks in the Raw", yo.

I must confess that one or two little tears were dabbed away with the Black Purl sock as the camp busses pulled out yesterday morning. A month is a long time and I miss my two noisy weasels already. The house is very quiet and I am not enjoying the time to sit and knit in peace and quiet as much as I thought I would. Icarus is coming along, but I'm finding it hard to concentrate in the crushing SILENCE.

test tile two
I continue to play around with test tiles for the ceramics biz, proportion, motifs, ideas. I hope they work out after firing!

12 comments:

Lucia said...

Hmmm... Quean Cuisine? Except 99.99% of the population would just think you couldn't spell. O tempora, o mores. I'll keep thinking.

Your HCB feeds you and brings you yarrrrrn? What more could a pirate want?

Dave said...

I nominate "In My Mouth" as a worthy naughty name for a food blog.

Geogrrl said...

Man, I'm bummed I didn't get to vicariously meet Bourdain. However, another time.

As for a name... hum... "We Swallow"? Not terribly catchy, really.

roggey said...

In keeping with the crew theme, the S.S. Gourmand?

roggey said...

There's always "Beef Tips and Braised Rumps," but that might be a bit too cow-focused...

Geogrrl said...

As a variation on what I suggested earlier, I like "Two Swallows" better.

Knitty Cat said...

I'm sure Bite Me and Eat Me are already taken, how about Hot 'n' Saucy? or Good Enough to Eat (ok, not very dirty that one).
Hmmm, Better Than Sex (as in the cake hehehe)
Ok, these aren't the best. I know I've got a better one somewhere...

Knitty Cat said...

AHA! I'll eat yours if you eat mine!

PBnJ said...

How about Deep Throats or With Mouths Wide Open or
Oral Fantasy
?

PBnJ said...

How about
Nibbles
Appetite Arousal or Arousing the Appetite or Stimulating the Appetite or

Food Fetish
?

PBnJ said...

Sorry, here's one more. (LOL)
Hot Lips

MikKnits said...

How about "The Difference Between A Spit And A Swallow" as I'm sure you'll find not all LA cuisine is going to be as good as you think it should be.

Michelle