Saturday, June 10, 2006

WWKIP Day was fab! I had a great time and I met some really nice local knitters. We had a modest but really nice turnout at Douglas Park today and I couldn't have asked for better weather. There's something really great about sitting around with a bunch of women and knitting together, no matter where you congregate. I donated a couple of skeins of Lorna's Laces from my stash as a sort of "door prize", plus a Lantern Moon keychain tchotchke thinger, so if you didn't come, you missed out on a chance for free yarn!

I was a total dork and left my camera at home, so if anyone has pictures, let me know!

I met Teresa and Ellen and quite a few other folks who may have blogs, but I didn't get them! One gal even drove down from Bakersfield to join our little gathering! It was quite the shiny.

I'm thinking about trying to start some kind of monthly Knit In The Park thing, this was so nice. Same park, same spot, random Saturday of the month.

No comments: