Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm heading up into the Central Valley today for a few days at my mom's, so will probably be far from a computer. I am taking the new roving I got from Spunky Eclectic's roving o' the month club and my spindle, so that I can sit near her spinning wheel and SIGH LOUDLY and say, "Oh, this spindle is taking so long, I'll never get all this roving spun up." and look at the spinning wheel sadly and hopefully she will finally relent and let me have her wheel. Which deserves to be more than just, decor. Have you heard about the Spunky Club yet? Great deal. $15 per month and you get mystery roving once a month in the mail. This month's selection is gorgeous and I'm really excited to spin it up into something. I know I said no more roving, but c'mon, that's a GREAT deal. And I'm still slowly but surely spinning up the 2 whole lbs of thistle merino.

It's been a crazy busy couple of days Chez Yarnpirate. Dungeon re-opened this week, moved to the Knitting Factory in Hollywood. I miss the old location, but I enjoyed dancing and the DJ's were good. Not so crazed about the shows going on near the dance floor because that meant less room for dancing, but otherwise, I had a good time. I haven't gotten out and stomped in a good long while. I've just been running hard. Browncoat shindig on Friday, big party on Saturday, Dungeon on Sunday, yesterday I got to hang out with my Evil Twin Skippy all day long, and now Modesto. This month long respite from children is going swimmingly.

The children, btw, are fine. We've gotten letters from camp. No one is eaten by bears. This last week they celebrated Pirates, Ninjas and Cowboys day, apparently, or at least that's what I'm gleaning from the pictures.

Emily left her favorite rabbit at home, citing the fact that she is "too old for silly stuffed rabbits." and this was a BAD idea because when Em is away, Bunny will play....

bundungeon
Bunny gets dressed up for Dungeon...

cakebunny
Bunny makes himself sick on cake...

tankbun
Bunny plays tank commander...

nocupcakesyetbunny
Bunny wants a cupcake...

burritobunny
bunny goes out for burritos...

and so on. There's more, with people, being silly, but I can't put htem on the internet w/o permission. When Em comes home, there'll be a little spiralbound book that is titled "What I Did On Your Summer Vacation" and all of Bunny's adventures will be chronicled. The last picture will be Bunny cuddled up in her bed, waiting for her to return.

Too old for stuffed rabbits, my arse. I'm having a perfectly swell time with the stuffed rabbit and look how old I am!

7 comments:

sopranospinner said...

Bunny's vacation is a great idea! I'll have to remember it when mine is ready for resident camp. Not soon. Although one of her friends is going this year, you never know.

The Guppy said...

Love Bunny's Vacation! LOL. Too cute.

BTW, when I was in Portland last month I went to the Portland Saturday Market. A guy there was selling "recycled" t-shirts and one was a rabbit complete with scruff and eye patch and instead of cross-bones it was cross-carrots. It was a pretty fierce looking rabbit. LOL Who knows? Maybe a predecessor of Bunny perhaps?

Z said...

Have fun on your vakay! Those bunny pictures are TOO too!!!!

dan said...

Okay. Bunny is WAY cute.
I think we should set up a play date with Daniel, my cat puppet (from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood -- meow meow meow!). I really should get pictures of Daniel the cat up on the page.

Jill said...

Can we continue to have Bunny Adventures even after the kids are home?????
You look gorgeous in that photograph!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Dan, I <3 Daniel tiger!! Meow!

I think Bunny adventures will probably continue. He's always had them. From traveling poker games to fun with food in the kitchen, you never know what Bunny might do. It makes my kids sigh and roll their eyes and shake their heads long sufferingly.

Roxie said...

I bet you have more fun when Bunny comes along. He looks like a real party animal!