Friday, June 30, 2006

four down...

Two to go. Things here are a bit fraught with family drama. Today we are busting Grandpa out of the house to take him to Dennys. Visited with Auntie last night, haven't seen her in about 3 years. Tomorrow, Bay Area friends. Sunday, home. I can't wait. I miss my guys so much I could scream, want to pet the cats, want to sleep in my own bed, am just really over travel.

Have spun up about 2.5 oz of the Spunky roving. It's SO beautiful. I'd originally planned to do a 2 ply yarn, that was a disaster, it is a skillset I lack, so I navajo plied it and have this marvelous 3 ply chunky yarn with distinct color changes. I believe it will be mostly self striping. I have some pics, just can't unload my camera till I get home.

Kids in the court have been blowing things up because fireworks are readily available. Last night it was a gas powered mower. I guess this is what happens when cousins marry. I have decided to simply consider it natural selection in action. I do wish they'd stop though. It is freaking out the dog, who is already freaked out by wind, rosebushes, the yard, the a/c, the birds, trains, etc. Dog is shedding so much in anxiety, she'll be bald by Sunday I'm sure.

Home Sunday, as soon as I can get there.

1 comment:

Z said...

You SAY you're in California but *I* know you're in WV :)