Thursday, June 08, 2006

Blogger: "You can't update today."

Me: "Please?"

Blogger: "Nope."

Me: "Please?"

Blogger: "Well. Okay."

Me: "Yay!"

Blogger: "Psych."

Me: %##$@!@$#

Repeat ad nauseum. I can't leave comments, I can't write entries, I can't fix my template... and judging from the lack of activity on my Bloglines account, neither can anyone else. I'm vexed. Let's hope this goes through.

I blame Inky for this one.
icarusI

Yep that's a really crappy picture of the first 19 rows of Icarus. I found a ginormous amount of Misti Alpaca laceweight in my stash, like, enough to knit FOUR of these shawls, because when I was a new knitter I did not understand things like yardage or buying "enough" yarn. I either bought "way too much" or "one pointless skein". This is a yarn that I bought "way too much" of, then thought it was really slippy and annoying and it made me crazy. Except it is perfect in this pattern and it is lovely on the bamboo needles I dug up and recast it onto after a disastrous first attempt and I am loving the fabric and it is fabulousness. It should be noted that...

Alpaca laceweight + addi turbos = hilarity ensuing

5 comments:

Inky said...

eek!! I've enabled. Yay!! it's purdy too in purply Misti!! I am still giving myself positive thoughts that size 2's are not too small (i didn't like the fabric on size 3) and that i really will have enough. really. honest.

we can KAL together!!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

I'm using 3's but I knit fairly tightly so the fabric is okay. It was HILARIOUS on #4 addis.

I'm sure the 2's are fine. You can always block the hell out of it.

rincaro said...

I too have joined the cult of Icarus. And I too did the crazy novice yarn buying thing. There's a single skein of candy kidsilk haze that mocks me all the time for it!

Lucia said...

OMG, that yarn is gorgeous! Would you sell or swap me some?

Knitty Cat said...

I love that shawl! I've got to get some yarn to make it first though.
I can't imagine knitting lace on turbos though!! It's wood or bamboo all the way for me!