Monday, May 15, 2006

We have HEEL!

sockheel
Okay, so it's only two rows of heel, but it's the heel. What? Shut up. I've been busy!

I had my inlaws over yesterday. I made this:
mdaycake
Meyer lemon cakes with ribbons of raspberry preserves baked into the cake, lemon curd in between the layers, and then a very delicate whipped cream (I use restaurant grade heavy cream, 40% butterfat, it's awesome.) that I kicked up with a bit of lemon zest and some vanilla sugar (jar + sugar + halved vanilla bean + 2 weeks = vanilla sugar) and then fresh berries and white chocolate shavings over the top.

Suffice it to say, there was the usual amount of inlaw craziness. I was a stress monkey. Not a particularly chill Mother's Day for me. At least the cake was good!

3 comments:

Lucia said...

That cake is stunning. I hope the MIL didn't pull anything really bad.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

OMG... Must. Make. CAKE. Thank you for reminding me that I have some ingredients to make it with!
=:8

Z said...

Hey you! Thanks for the beautiful card that arrived just in time to make me cry :) And after lookin' at that cake...I think me and Kim are spending Mutha's Day with YOU next year, right Kim????