I've been pretty sick all weekend with some vile stomach ailment - no fun. So there has been a lot of watching of the chick flicks, the Steel Magnolias, Eat Drink Man Woman, You've Got Mail, a couple of Lifetime dramafests, and, um, Saving Private Ryan. Which the husband says is not a chick flick, but rather, "a nonstop sausage fest." He has a point.
In this estrogen-centric cablefest, I've gotten a good chunk of knitting done. I spent several more hours fussing with the amazing yarn my SP7 gave me and finally gave in. But I was on a bloody mission to make the boobholder no matter what, so rummaged around in the stash and came up with some Lorna's Laces Black Purl worsted superwash. Cast on. And I really like how it is coming out.
I am two rows away from putting the sleeves onto spare yarn and working the body. I hope. I may actually need a few more rows. I did not swatch. HA! Hilarity is probably going to ensue. I looked at my yarn, looked at my needles, said "close enough" and we are now proceeding on a wing and a prayer. And waiting for hilarity. BUT, I have a Cunning Plan. If it is too small, that's okay. I have two female children. In size terms, we span adult sizes small, medium and extra large. It will fit someone. I'm not worried. Mostly I just wanted to make it and get an idea of doing the all one piece, raglan style increase, top down sweater construction. I really think this method of construction is just bloody brilliant, really.
Instead of doing an M1 increase on either side of the stitch marker as the pattern says, I am doing K1 to the front and K1 to the back of the stitch on each side of the markers. This is giving me a nice neat line of increases. I only hope that there is enough yarn to finish. I am unsure about the actual yardage on hand.
Wing. And. A. Prayer. Y'all.