Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm pretty confident that by using 8's or 7's, I can get gauge for this shrug, using the yarn I'd earmarked for the minisweater/boobholder. I'm not crazy about shrugs, really, not so much. But I like this one. The yarn I have would work for it. I think that instead of working the sleeves as written, I might start them with a mini vine lace pattern so that it really bells out there at the cuff. Which would mean grafting in the middle of the shrug to get it to look just right and a little pattern modification. But I could do that. Totally.

That idea makes me happy.

Pop that on over a black tank and it'd be just dandy for an LA spring evening.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

So weird! I'm planning on making that too!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

well I'm making mine with the yarn YOU sent me! ;-)

Jill said...

That is one of the best shrug patterns I've seen! Can't wait to see your version of it. :)