Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Today was nice. The roach guy came, finally, and we had to get out of the house for a while. Em and I went to the dog park and then out to lunch at Fred 62 with Tiki in tow. The waiter brought her a bowl filled with ice water and I handfed her little nibbles of bacon and hamburger patty and people walked by and gave her compliments. She's so well behaved about it and I love taking her to cafes and coffeehouses that cater to dogs.

So the exciting thing was that Noah Wylie (ER, hotness! melty! librarian movie!) was sitting inside. So naturally I was all blase about it and didn't eyeball him too hard when I walked by or smile or even acknowledge that I recognized him. Inside, it sounded a little like this:

OMGOMGOMGNOAHWYLIESQUEEEEEE!!!!!!



....

ZOMGOMGOMGOMGNOAH.FREEAKIN.WYLIE.

...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I might have even jumped up and down in the bathroom a little and hugged myself. But I'll never tell and you never would have known it from my cool, calm, collected exterior.

I didn't stop or anything because you just don't poke at people having lunch. It's rude. A guy orders a cheese sandwich and you know, he wants to enjoy his sandwich in peace and quiet. Or at least as much peace and quiet as one can get in a bumpin' LA scenester cafe. No no. In LA, one must chill out, employ strategy and not act like a babbling fangirl in restaurants. My strategy was that I was seriously hoping that he would walk past our table on the way out, because there is NO WAY that anyone walking by could resist the power of cute that is Tiki.

tiki and sadie, running i

And then, I'd have had a REASON to talk to him. About my dog. Which is better than nothing. However, so sad, he walked down the other street and therefore there was no cute ray employed and he did not stop and I did not get to talk to him and btw, Noah, I love you.

My only solace lies in that I did not act like a drooling freak. No, I just came home and wrote about it on the internet. Because, you know, nothing freaky about that.

6 comments:

Lucia said...

Considering how excited I get when I meet Franklin, or the Harlot, it's probably a good thing I wasn't with you. Then again, I didn't have a clue who NW was, whereas Franklin and Harlot rock my world. Yes, I am a knitstalker.

Opal said...

How I admire you for keeping your cool! I might have inadvertently squealed like a teenage girl or worse. Heehee!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Lucia, he is the actor who plays Dr. Carter on the TV show ER. He was also in that awful Librarian movie on TNT a few years back, starring as the film's only redeeming feature. He is teh hotness.

akamai knitter, I actually did squeal once I made it safely into the bathroom. Just, with my hand over my mouth because, you know, one must maintain the sound of cool.

Z said...

You are my hero. That had to have been hard. I try to act cool too. And yep, like you, they always walk out the other door.

Elspeth said...

I've done that before -- I saw Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Philippe and it was so hard not to stare at them the whole time we were eating! Actually, our oldest are about the same age, and I had already said to my son "Look how good that girl is being" before I realized it was Reese Witherspoon and her daughter! She didn't notice us at all, though.

Jess said...

the "log" is there in blog for a reason! if you can't get get all giggly about a celebrity here, where else can you?

and I'm sure Tiki would have hooked him right in; she looks just lovely