Friday, April 14, 2006

The summer IK preview is up.

Holy, holy, there's actually a LOT of stuff I think I want to knit in that sucker. Normally there's like, one or two but this issue is jampacked with yarny goodness. I like the eyelet chemise, the lotus tank, bonita, icarus and the fairy net shirt. I like the bias corset, the evening star top, the cambridge jacket and looking glass. I also think the socks look rather interesting and that pea pod baby set is adorable. This issue looks to be good value.

The new Knitty has got me feeling somewhat lukewarm, alas.

Rosebud.
rosebud2

Also, I'd just like to share my fabulous, new, vegan boots for tomorrow's wedding. Et voila.
kinkb

Yarrrrrrr.

8 comments:

rincaro said...

Oooh boots! From a very jealous almost-vegan!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Booooooots.

The universe is better because in it, there are boots.

Jill said...

Now that's bootylicious!!

Lick My Sticks said...

Those boots are hot.

I am all over about 6 or 7 of those IK patterns, thanks for posting that link, I'll be watching for it now!

Ragnar said...

Damn...sweet boots and blue dreadies...I think I need a make-over.

Ragnar said...

And can I just say? Has there been some sort of reality shift of which I was not informed? How is it that the traditionally sucky IK has half a dozen things worth casting on for, and the much anticipated new Knitty is about as exciting as taking an afternoon nap? Huh? Did I miss the memo?

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Ragnar, I don't know that I'd call IK traditionally sucky, more like, intermittently baffling. I generally like a few things in each issue and it's SO much better than Knit One or Knitters Magazine.

But Knitty? WHAT HAPPENED TO KNITTY???

OMG. The crushing disappointment.

Ragnar said...

True true, I'm too harsh...it's habitual. IK doesn't always suck (just most of the time...whoops! hard habit to break).

Knit One isn't even a magazine. It's something to wipe the dog doo off your fancy new boots.

Can it be that they just didn't get any good submissions? I wouldn't call any of it awful (except the "jardin anglais" sweater...just because you can make a ruffle doesn't mean you should) just blah. Blah blah blah. Where's the ooos? The ahhs?