Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm not particularly a joiner or into the whole KAL phenomenon in general if only because I don't work well under pressure and tend to have things lying around on needles for a really long time. I thought this looked helpful and educational, so I have joined the Sampler Stole Along. I haven't cast on yet, I have to order the book or maybe see if my LYS has a copy later on this week after paychecks clear and everything. I've got a ton of laceweight yarn in stash so it'll be a dandy stashbuster. Then again, ever since my absolutely horrible little brother bought silk and mohair from this woman (and refused to share it even though it is all wrong for him), I've been thinking about buying some of Lisa Souza's yarn in laceweight. So we'll see.

Decreasing for the toe on the embossed leaf socks:
embossed leaf sock

I love this yarn. Socks that Rock "beryl". Really wonderful, springy, soft yarn, a joy to knit and great stitch definition. I could not imagine a better yarn for this pattern. The real color is somewhere in between the above pic and this:

detail

And here's that yummy skein of "dyers choice" from Interlacements that my SP spoiled me with - yardage unknown but I think there's enough in there to make Glampyre's minisweater which I plan to trim in black and use the fab vintage looking filigree buttons she sent along. Yum.

interlacements dyers choice

2 comments:

Ragnar said...

Mmmm....that's gothalicious.

Z said...

I love those socks. What a beautiful color!!!! That SP yarn is awesome too.