Thursday, March 02, 2006

sock and sweater

I cast both of these on before Mercury went retrograde so guess what I'm gonna focus on finishing by the 25th?

Cam's first Worth Her Weight In Rubies Sock and the back of the Go Everywhere cardi from SnB. Which is, um. sortof just a very curly strip of stockinette stitch at the moment. I'm thinking maybe a lace rib for the sock. Not sure. The sock yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot which I love. I've got a skein of this in Lupine that is so going to become socks for ME, next.

4 comments:

Lucia said...

Love those colors, especially the Bearfoot!

Z said...

Tell me where I can find such beautiful yarn!

Ragnar said...

Okay, I don't know if it's the power of suggestion or what because I'm one of those "astrology? bah-humbug" types....but I'm so all about finishing stuff right now. I don't even WANT to start any new projects. Freaky...

Is that a toe up sock? I've never done a toe up sock before, do you know a good pattern? Not that I want to start one or anything...

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Ragnar, I kind of cobbled my own sock pattern together with a few different elements from various patterns. Try the sock knitters page, http://www.socknitters.com/sockpatterns/sockpatterns.htm for ideas. I use a figure 8 toe cast on and a short row heel. I know there are other methods that people like for both cast on and heel construction, this is just what I prefer. Usually if I see a sock pattern that I like, I'll try to adapt it with that method of construction.

Z: if you google Mountain Colors Bearfoot, several stores come up. http://www.kyarns.com/ This is where I got mine. The price was better here (even with shipping) than at the LYS that carries it.

Lucia, thanks!