Thursday, March 09, 2006

Anyone here live in Ohio? If this nutjob gets into office I will be most vexed with you. Because the dealth penalty for being gay and forced conversion to Christianity is just a tad too reminiscent of the Inquisition for my tastes. This guy is a walking hate crime. The whackos are crawling out of the woodwork and frothing at the mouth and it makes me want to go to Canada permanent-like, because frankly, there is not enough Clue in all of Creation to lay on these asshats.

I myself anticipate that I will start frothing at the mouth in a few hours, as I am going to the DMV to deal with a fix it ticket and then must go return some merchandise at the Seventh Circle Of Hell the customer service dept. at my local Target. I don't know which is slower/more annoying, honestly. Watch tonight's news for coverage of the dpn massacre, you might see them loading me into a paddy wagon, heavily restrained.

Perhaps I will take Xanax before I go. It's shaping up to be that kind of a morning.

7 comments:

Lucia said...

A lot of people will sign just about anyone's nomination papers, and you can bet he didn't go door to door wearing an I LOVE FRED PHELPS t-shirt. Perhaps I am too optimistic, but I can't see this guy having any kind of serious shot. (I know a number of people from Ohio, all of them clinically sane. Ohio is not nearly as red as, say, Utah, and I don't think this wack job could get elected even there.)

rincaro said...

Wow. When I was in college, Fremont was the next (podunk) town over. We used to joke that the campus lots were so far away that our cars were parked in Fremont. We were always warned not to spend time there.

Course now I'm Florida and the politics ain't much better here.

Jill said...

I was wondering where my Xanax wandered off to...which reminds me...the refill date is fast approaching...

Z said...

You're right. The whole situation is scary. I can see the hicks in my neck voting for him hook, line and sinker...they really DO say that Christianity is morally correct and doesn't "hurt anyone" - I have been given that line when I said I didn't celebrate Christmas. Oy.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Lucia, I'm hopeful that he couldn't get into office, but the way the pendulum is swinging, I wouldn't take a bet on it. Look at South Dakota, you know? The climate is changing. A decade ago this asshat wouldn't have even been able to get anyone to take him seriously enough to run for office. That's a scary shift imo.

Z, you know, the forced conversion thing really hit me - as a Jew. No Jewish person of conscience, no person of conscience should let this guy slip under the radar. We've been there, done that, our people were the ones being persecuted and forcibly converted during the Inquisition. Do we really want that for anyone else, even if he's talking about another creed? Of course not. Because you know, first them, then us, then the Catholics.

Lucia said...

Aside from his self-evident wackitude, as far as I can see he has no positions on pocketbook issues, no experience in public office, and, most damning, no money and no connections to high-powered donors. Not even the Christian Coalition et al. would sponsor him as they don't want to appear too far out there (look at how Robertson has had to backtrack several times). I would worry much more about the crazies we've already got.

Speaking of which... about SD, I don't know, I think it could cut either way. Although the law won't actually be implemented (for now, anyway), I agree that its passage is pretty scary.

And when they threw you in the dungeon you would land on top of me. Let's just say your star has one more point than mine.

Miss Tonia said...

I live in Ohio, and he better not make it into office. If he does, I'll move, and Canada is sounding really cozy right about now. I am pagan, and I'm tired of these over-stuffed shirts trying to force their religion down my throat. Since when did the good ol' US of A become midieval England?