Friday, February 17, 2006

Talk about yer learning curve... I just downloaded Rogue and clicked "Place Order" on 16 skeins of Merino Style in "moss" from Knitpicks. So I'm totally committed now. I overordered the yarn by about 2.5 skeins but you know, better safe than sorry, right? There is much excitement. I know Rogue is a pretty advanced pattern but I love cables, they don't throw me and I'll swatch the charts till I get the hang of these. I've read that GfA gives excellent pattern support and that her patterns are some of the best written ones around, which is why I picked it for a first sweater.

It's very exciting to start picking projects based on what they can teach me and how I can grow as a knitter from it. For me, that's really a huge part of doing this. It can be a totally static craft, but it doesn't have to be and offers a lot of challenges if you want that.

Having cast on for the right front panel of the current confection, I should probably get back to it.

2 comments:

Franklin said...

One of my friends wore her Rogue to Rhinebeck and it was truly one of the cleverest, most beautiful designs I've ever seen. Everybody I know who has made it loved the process AND the result...how rare is that?

Lucia said...

That Rogue looks gorgeous. I might want to do that one myself, assuming that I actually finish the Trellis. The Trellis has lots of cables. It is also very small. Very, very small, I keep telling myself. Breathe.